Share this:

" />
Published On: Tue, Mar 6th, 2018

Yemeni retaliatory attacks left 45 Saudi soldiers dead in February: Report

Smiley face

Araweelo News Network

Members of the Saudi border guard are stationed at a lookout point on the Saudi-Yemeni border, in southwestern Saudi Arabia, on April 9, 2015. (Photo by AFP)

Sana’a(ANN)-A recent report has revealed that Yemeni army soldiers and fighters from allied Popular Committees killed and injured dozens of Saudi soldiers in the kingdom’s southwestern border regions in February as part of their retaliatory raids against the Riyadh regime’s aerial bombardment campaign.

Yemen’s Arabic-language al-Masirah television network, citing unnamed Yemeni military sources, reported that Yemeni forces and their allies fatally shot 45 troopers in the regions of Jizan, Najran and Asir last month.

Another 19 sustained injuries in retaliatory attacks as well.

The report came only a day after Yemeni army soldiers and Popular Committees fighters shot and killed a Saudi soldier at al-Hajlah military camp in Najran, located about 844 kilometers south of Saudi Arabia’s capital city of Riyadh.

Yemeni forces and their allies also targeted another Saudi trooper on the outskirts of Qamar village in Jizan, located 966 kilometers south of Riyadh.

This file photo shows a Yemeni Houthi Ansarullah fighter dressed in camouflage and aiming at a position of Saudi troops in southwestern Saudi Arabia. (Photo by the media bureau of Yemen’s Joint Operations Command Center)

Saudi Arabia has been incessantly pounding Yemen since March 2015 in an attempt to crush the popular Houthi Ansarullah movement and reinstate former president, Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi, who is a staunch ally of the Riyadh regime.

At least 13,600 people have been killed since the onset of Saudi Arabia’s military campaign against Yemen. Much of the Arabian Peninsula country’s infrastructure, including hospitals, schools and factories, has been reduced to rubble due to the war.

The United Nations says a record 22.2 million people are in need of food aid, including 8.4 million threatened by severe hunger.

A high-ranking UN aid official recently warned against the “catastrophic” living conditions in Yemen, stating that there is a growing risk of famine and cholera there.

picture taken on February 5, 2018, shows people gathering around the Yemeni criminal investigations unit in the capital Sana’a, a day after it was hit in a Saudi airstrike. (Photo by AFP)

“After three years of conflict, conditions in Yemen are catastrophic,” John Ging, UN director of aid operations, told the UN Security Council on February 27.

He added, “People’s lives have continued unraveling. Conflict has escalated since November driving an estimated 100,000 people from their homes.”

Ging further noted that cholera has infected 1.1 million people in Yemen since last April, and a new outbreak of diphtheria has occurred in the war-ravaged Arab country since 1982.

source: Presstv.com

About the Author

- Arraale Mohamoud Jama Freelance Journalist and Human Rights Activist Arraale, is a 20 year experience as a professional Journalist and human rights activist Over the years, worked for the major News Papers in Somaliland as a reporter, editor and contributor. 2008 established website Araweelo News Network, he currently runs a web site based in Somaliland. who is the specializes in the investigation and reporting on issues relating to human rights, democracy, and good governance. contact: Info@araweelonews.com jaamac132@gmail.com Send an SMS or MMS to + 252 63 442 5380 WhatsApp + 252 65 910 7347.

Leave a comment

XHTML: You can use these html tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

Smiley faceSmiley faceSmiley face Smiley face Smiley face Smiley face