Araweelo News Network.
#Mekelle, Ethiopia, (ANN)- The commander of the Tigrean Defense Forces (TDF), General Tadesse Werede Tesfay, has sent a message to the government of Ethiopian Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed, threatening to launch a second phase of hostilities.
General Tadesse Tesfay expressed surprise at Abiy’s claim that his forces had been forced out of the Amhara and Afar regions by government forces, but said they had left safely, with no casualties.
He described the withdrawal as a “strategic decision of their own,” but said no military force was needed to withdraw from the Amhara and Afar regions, which they had held for more than a month.
General Tadesse Tesfay, speaking to the media in Tigray on Wednesday, described the situation in Addis Ababa as “extremely tense” and threatened to take control of Addis Ababa, which he said would not take long.
“We are about to start the second phase of the war. We will easily oust Abiy from power. You will see us in Addis Ababa,” he added.
Meanwhile, Tigray Regional President Debretsion Gebremichael said the Tigray Defence Forces [TDF] has changed its war strategy and will win the ongoing battle with the Ethiopian Defence Forces [ENDF] in the long run. Debretsion Gebremichael, said in a statement issued yesterday, “We have assessed the general situation, both of us and that of the enemy, and we have reached the decision alone.
We have to go back; we should not continue (the course) now We have to do more work, more improvements’ – it was after we realized that we had made the decision,” he said.
Two days ago, Prime Minister Abi Ahmed, who had been on the front lines for almost two weeks, returned to Addis Ababa, saying that the first phase of the war had ended in victory for the Tigrayan forces in the Amhara and Afar regions.
But there was no evidence of government casualties to TDF fighters. And the TPLF said it had voluntarily withdrawn from some towns.
“It was a difficult decision, but it must be taken. We must understand that it was the right decision. The ‘decision’ was not made because of diplomatic pressure or dialogue. We do not hold public talks. “They are not aware of any diplomatic activities that the people of Tigray do not accept. This is a difficult time.”
Tigrean spokesman Getachew Reda also spoke about the withdrawal of troops from the Amhara and Afar regions, and underlined that they had won the first phase of the war.
“Speaking of heroic, patient and courageous stories, a unit of the Tigrayan Army traveled more than 158 km on foot in two days, and they carried and dealt with. A fatal blow to several thousand enemy Troops, now that is news. “He wrote on his Twitter account.
Fighting in Ethiopia is likely to continue for some time after the two sides refused to agree to a ceasefire.
Pressure from the international community, however, appears to have failed, Hundreds of thousands of people are currently on the brink of starvation, according to the United Nations, and the fighting appears to have worsened a few months ago.
All diplomatic efforts to end the conflict have failed, and the diplomatic corridor has been closed, so the fighting now appears to be back, and its impact is being felt across the region, as Ethiopia lives, more so. one hundred million of the eighty ethnic groups. is poor, and the state of war seems to make Ethiopia another Yugoslavia in the Horn of Africa.
Published Araweelo News Network.
Please share with your friends the news and information provided by the networks Araweelo News Network.
Follow us Twitter@Araweelonews
By Arraale M Jama Freelance Journalist and Human Rights activist.