Share this:

" />
Published On: Tue, Jan 15th, 2019

Houthis reject US claims Secretary of Hudaydah truce violations

Smiley face

Houthis reject US claims Secretary of Hudaydah truce violations

Hudaydah(ANN)-A senior Yemeni official has hit back at US Secretary of State Mike Pomepo over his recent allegations that Houthi fighters are violating the UN-brokered ceasefire in the Hudaydah port city, criticizing Washington for keeping up its support for the Saudi-led war on the impoverished nation.

In a post on his Twitter account on Monday night, Mohammed Ali al-Houthi, the head of Yemen’s Supreme Revolutionary Committee, said that the Houthis’ redeployment from Hudaydah refuted Pompeo’s allegations.

“Pompeo’s accusations are refuted by the steps of redeployment at the port of Hudaydah and the submission of positive proposals,” he tweeted.

Speaking in Riyadh on Monday, the top US diplomat claimed that the Houthis had “chosen” not to comply with the Hudaydah truce.

“The work that was done in Sweden on Yemen was good, but both sides need to honor those commitments,” Pompeo said after talks with Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman. “To date, the Houthis have chosen not to do that.”

The Houthi official said that the US administration “has refused to stop supporting the war despite the congressional decision,” referring to the US Senate’s historic vote last month to end American military assistance for the Saudi aggression against Yemen.

Representatives from the Houthi Ansarullah movement and militants loyal to Yemen’s Saudi-backed former regime reached the Hudaydah ceasefire during peace talks in Sweden last month.

They agreed to the withdrawal of their forces and deployment of UN monitors to the port city, a lifeline for millions of Yemenis.

Hudaydah has seen some of the heaviest fighting in the ongoing Saudi-led offensive since March 2015.

Saudi Arabia and its regional allies, including the UAE, launched the devastating military campaign against Yemen to bring the Riyadh-backed former government back to power.

The invaders have, however, failed to achieve their objective in the face of Yemenis’ resistance.

Source: Presstv.com

About the Author

- Arraale Mohamoud Jama Freelance Journalist and Human Rights Activist Arraale, is a 20 year experience as a professional Journalist and human rights activist Over the years, worked for the major News Papers in Somaliland as a reporter, editor and contributor. 2008 established website Araweelo News Network, he currently runs a web site based in Somaliland. who is the specializes in the investigation and reporting on issues relating to human rights, democracy, and good governance. contact: Info@araweelonews.com jaamac132@gmail.com Send an SMS or MMS to + 252 63 442 5380 WhatsApp + 252 65 910 7347.

Leave a comment

XHTML: You can use these html tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

Smiley face Smiley faceSmiley faceSmiley face Smiley face Smiley face Smiley face

Araweelo is an Associated Network News, The most trusted source for news & Political,investigator report,Human Rights Issues,Educations,Social and Democracy ,Latest News Horn of Africa. runs Arraale Mohamoud Jama Freelance Journalist and Human Rights Activist based in Somaliland.

Chat with us on WhatsApp