Published On: Fri, Jun 8th, 2018

Yemenis target Saudi positions with ballistic missiles

Smiley face

Araweelo News Network

The undated photo shows the firing of Yemeni missiles at Saudi positions in retaliation for Riyadh’s brutal aerial campaign.

Sana’a(ANN)-Missile units of the Yemeni army and volunteer forces from Popular Committees have reported firing domestically-built ballistic missiles that targeted Saudi Arabia’s military positions in Najran and Khamis Mushait.

No report has yet been released on the outcome of the missile strikes on Friday.

Yemeni forces regularly fire ballistic missiles at military and economic targets inside Saudi Arabia in retaliation for the Riyadh-led brutal campaign against the impoverished country.

The development came a day after Yemeni forces reputedly killed a number of Saudi mercenaries in the west of the country. Citing a military source, local news outlets reported that Yemeni forces destroyed an armored vehicle with a guided missile in al-Fazza area, south of Yemen’s western province of Hudaydah, on Thursday.

 

Saudi troops and their mercenaries are currently pushing to seize the Yemeni port of Hudaydah, through which the bulk of international humanitarian aid enters war-torn Yemen.

A separate report by Yemen’s Arabic-language al-Masirah television network on Thursday said Yemeni snipers had slain at least six mercenaries in Yemen’s western province of Ta’izz on Wednesday, adding that they had also managed to destroy a military vehicle in the Jabal Habashi area, killing an unspecified number of mercenaries travelling in it.

The report added that Yemeni forces also attacked gatherings of mercenaries with heavy artillery fire in Saudi Arabia’s southwestern province of Jizan, killing an unspecified number of them and inflicting damage on their hardware and equipment.

Saudi Arabia and its allies launched the war on Yemen in March 2015 to install a former regime that had been loyal to Riyadh.

The war and an accompanying blockade have caused famine across Yemen. The United Nations says a record 22.2 million people are in need of food aid, including 8.4 million threatened by severe hunger.

Several Western countries, the United States and Britain in particular, are accused of being complicit in the aggression as they supply the Riyadh regime with advanced weapons and military equipment as well as logistical and intelligence assistance.

According to figures released by the Yemeni Ministry of Human Rights, more than 600,000 people have been killed or injured in the Saudi war since 2015.

Source: Presstv.com

About the Author

- Arraale Mohamoud Jama Freelance Journalist and Human Rights Activist Arraale, is a 20 year experience as a professional Journalist and human rights activist Over the years, worked for the major News Papers in Somaliland as a reporter, editor and contributor. 2008 established website Araweelo News Network, he currently runs a web site based in Somaliland. who is the specializes in the investigation and reporting on issues relating to human rights, democracy, and good governance. contact: Info@araweelonews.com jaamac132@gmail.com Send an SMS or MMS to + 252 63 442 5380 WhatsApp + 252 65 910 7347.

Leave a comment

XHTML: You can use these html tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

Smiley face Smiley faceSmiley faceSmiley face Smiley face Smiley face Smiley face

Araweelo is an Associated Network News, The most trusted source for news & Political,investigator report,Human Rights Issues,Educations,Social and Democracy ,Latest News Horn of Africa. runs Arraale Mohamoud Jama Freelance Journalist and Human Rights Activist based in Somaliland.

Chat with us on WhatsApp