Share this:

" />
Published On: Thu, Mar 8th, 2018

Labour Party accuses UK of killing children in Yemen

Smiley face

Araweelo News Network

A malnourished Yemeni child receives treatment at a hospital in the Yemeni port city of Hodeidah on January 16, 2018. (Photo by AFP)

London(ANN)-The UK government is responsible for the many children who have been killed and injured as a result of Saudi Arabia’s deadly war on Yemen, the Labour Party has said.

In a fiery critique of the Conservative government, Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn grilled Prime Minister Theresa May during the latest Prime Minister’s Question (PMQ) at the House of Commons on Wednesday, saying her administration was “colluding” in war crimes against the people of Yemen.

The stark criticism coincided with the arrival of Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman for a three-day trip that experts say is aimed at boosting military ties between London and Riyadh.

Reed More: A look into the long-running UK-Saudi military cooperation

Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman arrives for talks at 10 Downing Street, in central London, on March 7, 2018. (Photo by AFP)

Saudi Arabia and its Arab allies launched a war on Yemen in March 2015 to reinstall its former Riyadh-allied government. The military aggression has so far killed over 13,600 Yemenis.

Leading the war is bin Salman, who is also Saudi Arabia’s defense minister. The Saudi military has enjoyed strong logistic and intelligence support by the US and the UK over the course of the deadly war.

“This Government is responsible for the decisions that are being taken to support this military campaign and support this aerial bombing campaign of Yemen, and has directed British military personnel to take part in advising the targeting of aerial operations in Yemen,” Corbyn’s spokesman said after the debate.

 

The consequence of that has been significant and extensive of targeting of civilian infrastructure and very large numbers of civilian casualties, including very large numbers of children,” he added.

Over 5,000 children have been killed by Saudi Arabia’s war on Yemen since it began in March 2015, according to a report by the UN children’s agency UNICEF that was published in January.

The report added that at least two million Yemeni children were out of school, and that 400,000 were facing malnourishment.

Although May noted during the PMQ that she would raise humanitarian concerns about Yemen in his meeting with bin Salman, she underlined her government’s support for the Saudi-led war.

Reed More: Saudi campaign has killed 1,400 Yemeni kids, UNICEF says

 

Reed More: UNICEF: Over 5,000 kids killed by Saudi war on Yemen

Source: presstv.com

About the Author

- Arraale Mohamoud Jama Freelance Journalist and Human Rights Activist Arraale, is a 20 year experience as a professional Journalist and human rights activist Over the years, worked for the major News Papers in Somaliland as a reporter, editor and contributor. 2008 established website Araweelo News Network, he currently runs a web site based in Somaliland. who is the specializes in the investigation and reporting on issues relating to human rights, democracy, and good governance. contact: Info@araweelonews.com jaamac132@gmail.com Send an SMS or MMS to + 252 63 442 5380 WhatsApp + 252 65 910 7347.

Leave a comment

XHTML: You can use these html tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

Smiley face Smiley faceSmiley faceSmiley face Smiley face Smiley face Smiley face